News for P3Dv5.1 ??

News - all the news for those who don't like social media!

Moderator: Slayer

d.barboni
News for P3Dv5.1 ??

Post by d.barboni »

Hello, I would like to buy: the DHC-3 Otter and the F-86F Sabre, but I would like to be sure that they are 100% compatible with P3Dv5.1. Pending confirmation. :?:
Regards
Dominique
Dom
d.barboni
Re: News for P3Dv5.1 ??

Post by d.barboni »

Staf Milviz doesn't even bother to answer, it's deplorable!!!!
Dom
doodlebug

Post by doodlebug »

Hi Dominique,
The short answer is no; they are not compatible.

We do not have installers for either of those aircraft for v5. I personally haven't tried the Sabre but I know that the Otter will not function as a simple side-load into v5, which means that making it function in v5 would not be straightforward and simple. If any other users have managed it, please let us know.

We had planned to move everything to v5 but unfortunately, thanks to the arrival of MSFS2020, P3D retail sales have tanked, and with no word from LM on their intentions to develop Prepar3D, it is questionable if we can stay in business supporting the platform.
Oisin Little a.k.a. Osh
QA/Product Manager

P3Dv4.5 P3Dv5.3 XP11 MSFS Z270X i7-7700 32GB DDR4 GTX1070 Ti Win10 OSX 12.6
ORBx scenery REX environment Chaseplane
sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 »

That makes sense, but there is a lot of P3D users out there

I read the forum today at MSFS 2020. I see the why aircraft development is aimed at 2020. The sim has a lot of issues but everyone is buying planes. That’s ok, I am happy with your King Air and P3D. For me the flying is what is important, not whats outside.
d.barboni

Post by d.barboni »

Hi doodlebug,
Well thank you for the answer. It's a shame because I gave up MS2020 with pleasure, for P3D which does not have an MS subscription. And having tried MS2020 I prefer the more realistic flight qualities of P3D. I bought your KA350i it is great on P3Dv5.1. Too bad I'm looking for a seaplane for P3Dv5, if anyone has any info where I could buy one.
Dom
Rainero

Post by Rainero »

Hi Oisin,

finally you confirmed what I always expected. You are not going to support P3Dv5 users. I hardly believe that you ever seriously planned to do so. So I can forget my investment of 8 planes and dump it. Because you obviously give a sh** about your loyal customers, I'm afraid I cannot longer support you by spending any money for P3D or MSFS planes from MilViz, which is very sad because I absolutely love your products.

I wish MilViz all the best for the future, but unfortunately without my support.

Thank you for nothing.
mets737

Post by mets737 »

It's a shame about stopping support/development for P3D, that sim will forever be growing...yeah their sales might have tanked because of MSFS but that was because all of the hype and MSFS is still a long ways away from where P3D is. I really wish you'd continue with P3D...
kevin_firth

Post by kevin_firth »

doodlebug wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:50 pm Hi Dominique,
The short answer is no; they are not compatible.

We do not have installers for either of those aircraft for v5. I personally haven't tried the Sabre but I know that the Otter will not function as a simple side-load into v5, which means that making it function in v5 would not be straightforward and simple. If any other users have managed it, please let us know.

We had planned to move everything to v5 but unfortunately, thanks to the arrival of MSFS2020, P3D retail sales have tanked, and with no word from LM on their intentions to develop Prepar3D, it is questionable if we can stay in business supporting the platform.
Very sad but unfortunately not unexpected. I half suspect this has been the case for some time though. I do wonder whether the propensity of existing customers to purchase an upgrade to v5 is the same as that for new retail sales though. My dilemma is I use v5 but can only buy v4 products, so it's hardly surprising that I'm not buying anything new from you is it! Ultimately the decision is Milviz's to make, and based on purchasing data that is derived directly from our decisions whether to buy stuff or not, however flawed I consider that to be.
i9 10850K @5.1Ghz, RTX3090, 32Gb 3200cas14
d.barboni

Post by d.barboni »

Rainero wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:24 pm Hi Oisin,

finally you confirmed what I always expected. You are not going to support P3Dv5 users. I hardly believe that you ever seriously planned to do so. So I can forget my investment of 8 planes and dump it. Because you obviously give a sh** about your loyal customers, I'm afraid I cannot longer support you by spending any money for P3D or MSFS planes from MilViz, which is very sad because I absolutely love your products.

I wish MilViz all the best for the future, but unfortunately without my support.

Thank you for nothing.
Well the same for me, if I had known that Milviz did not intend to continue the development of P3Dv5 planes, I would not have bought the KA350i.
Dom
ScruffyTheMongoose

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose »

The KA works in v5.

Also, we have not shutdown support. We are just unable to devote much time/resources that way at this time.

Also, on a final note, we do plan on offering discounts on products that we put into msfs that were bought here... directly.
sharpless281

Post by sharpless281 »

I am not happy that ALL the aircraft companies are focused on MSFS 2020 but that is the way it is, that was for sure to happen. I was excited about the MSFS 2020 and even uninstalled P3D just to find out the 2020 was a flop when it came to flying. P3D is stable and any kind of flying can be done there.
That is not the case with MSFS 2020 so I do hope some time comes by and the other P3D 4 aircrafts here get a update someday.
Rainero

Post by Rainero »

SnuffyTheMongoose wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:44 pm Also, on a final note, we do plan on offering discounts on products that we put into msfs that were bought here... directly.
So you want to force me to buy another platform and trough all my investment away and start from scratch? Are you kidding??

That is cynical and absolute ridiculous.

You seem to forget one important thing...we the loyal P3D customers saved your ass after the shutdown of the Aces Studios, when Flight Simulation seems to have no future. That is your way to say thank you??

Really that makes me almost speechless....
ScruffyTheMongoose

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose »

No one is forcing you to do anything. You are free to buy n fly or not buy and ... well... not fly. Your choice.

We offer the rebate to our direct customers because we are aware of that loyalty and wish to maintain it. However, when we do a product for a new sim, in particular MSFS, we don't have a choice in making revamped models/textures, new flight profiles, new soundsets, and new code. Who will pay for the people who do this work?

This kind of thing takes time, effort and, of course, money. We must pay our people. If you have a job, you want and expect a decent wage for what you do, no?

So...we offer the rebate because we are fully aware that this is a sad state where you have to keep paying to have the "same" aircraft in a different sim.

But, that's the way it is.

I will not apologize for this because we're not alone in it. Everyone with a brain that makes addons is doing it.

Also, it's important to note that MV didn't start until AFTER ACES had shut down... so... whilst I thank you for that, it's not really relevant. In order to properly save someone's company, you'd have to buy 1000's of each product... not just one.

I do not wish to lose you, or anyone else, for that matter, as a client but, this is the way it must be.

Snuffy
dehowie65

Post by dehowie65 »

The issue of not supporting current users many of whom own both P3D and MSFS is the lack of integrity it shows in a company.
I personally no longer use MSFS as i hate the cameras; the flight model and plenty of other things that make it more of a toy that a serious simulation platform.
Owning multiple Milviz aircraft why would i spend one cent on a companies product when they drop support for current users like a hot potato?
Did Milviz not know that P3DV5 was coming? I doubt it. of course they knew it was coming.
Tired excuses like "sales are great" in the new sim means anyone who supported Milviz just got ripped off because the grass is greener to them.
Still yet they sold products for V4 and they had for V3 and V2 prior to that with the surmise that support for new versions would follow.
With MSFS breaking payware addons with almost every update now with a record of deserting its customers in P3D why or why would i ever consider buying a single one of your products when you have shown me my custom is not with support?
Why would i ever offer a positive review when someone asks? Oh whats "milviz like"? Oh aircraft are ok but dont expect any updates when MSFS break the product and be prepared that they will walk away from anything you buy exactly as they did the P3D guys.
New version of MSFS comes out bang your done.
new version of P3D releases with awesome lighting a clouds and sales are disappointing in MSFS land bang your done again.
Lack of integrity is rife in the simulator development community and this is just another example of it.
Its got nothing to do with sales or software is character or lack thereof that makes these decisions.
I wouldnt so much mind if they said "hey no more updates after P3DV5" but to walk away at 4.5 6 plus months after V5 released is just low.
BrianV

Post by BrianV »

I would not have any objection to pay for an upgrade to get these beautiful planes back in P3Dv5 as was initially suggested by Milviz. With addons such as Active Sky, Toga Projects, and SkyForce P3Dv5 is looking splendid. P3Dv5 and MSFS can easily co-exist as each sim has its own pros and cons. Either way, I am looking forward to what might come next from Milviz after a great Corsair in MSFS. It is only a shame that Milviz first gave hope for P3D (1 person working full time?) but yet this may no longer be the case which would also explain a drop in P3D sales.