Prepar3D V5: compatibility with existing products

News - all the news for those who don't like social media!

Moderator: Slayer

JonathanBleeker
Re: Prepar3D V5: compatibility with existing products

Post by JonathanBleeker »

jspear3155 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:17 pm Hi all...new to forums, so just getting my bearings. It isn't clear to me.. am I not going to be able to get T38C or T38N?? I have P3D v5 with the current T38 program. Thanks for any info !!
If you already bought the T-38C then yes you already have a v5 update supporting it. If not, the T-38C is no longer for public sale. The T-38A ADV redux is also v5 ready.
-JB

Milviz R&D Lab dev/Resident PITA Perfectionist.

Please read the manual before posting. You will learn quicker than if I act as your instructor.
michaelmcconn

Post by michaelmcconn »

MilViz announced work starting and pricing structure back in July. That will soon be 6 months ago. How are we to interpret the total silence since the announcement?
kopolla

Post by kopolla »

I agree, an update of some sort would be nice.
Win 10 Pro, FSX:SE
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

We have a heavy workload at the moment. Unless the boss comes in and want's to disclose more, then that it is all I can say at this time - other than they are slated for an V5 update.
Steve M.
Email: support@blackbirdsims.com
ScruffyTheMongoose

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose »

We will be doing a "state of the sim" live stream in the near future. This, among other things, will be discussed and you, if you wish, will be free to ask questions.
TheGoose

Post by TheGoose »

Any news or update in 2021 regarding P3DV5.
Alistair-L

Post by Alistair-L »

Many thanks for the P3d5 installers for the DHC-3 and PC-6 (and the others). Much appreciated.
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

The MVAMS Tool seems only to alter only the Prepar3D v4.5 installed aircraft. Is there a way to redirect MVAMS to the Milviz planes in v5?
OS=WIN10 Home, Sim=P3D5 actual version (P3D4 and FSX installed but unused)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft
MB=ASUS Z390F-Gaming, CPU=i9700K OC @4.9 GHz, Cooling=Arctic Liquid Freezer II
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=32 GB DDR4-3200, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

Blaunarwal wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:45 pm The MVAMS Tool seems only to alter only the Prepar3D v4.5 installed aircraft. Is there a way to redirect MVAMS to the Milviz planes in v5?
What plane?
-Sergio
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Raptor wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:15 pm
Blaunarwal wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:45 pm The MVAMS Tool seems only to alter only the Prepar3D v4.5 installed aircraft. Is there a way to redirect MVAMS to the Milviz planes in v5?
What plane?
PC-6, DHC-2, DHC-3, which have now installers for P3D5. I only tried with the PC-6. I can not alter the GPS. This is always only changed in v4 but not v5. I can do it manually, since I found the configurations for the different cockpits but the convenient way is via the tool.

Since I also successfully use the 737-200, which is yet not supported in v5, it would be nice to know how MVAMS works. Actually I make changes in v4 and mirror the altered aircraft.cfg to v5. I´d rather had MVAMS alter both installs.

Dan
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

What options are you selecting?
Can you please try NONE, then SAVE DEFAULTS, then selecting the Milviz GPS and then saving again?
-Sergio
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

As I wrote I try to alter the GPS. I selected the Flight1 GTN750/650, but I always get the default Milviz GNS 530/430. I used the safe defaults button.

I did what you suggested set no GPS and then default Milviz. I have always the default Milviz GPS in the plane. As I said, it is changing the PC-6 in P3D4. I checked the panel.cfg there, it is changed. But the MVAMS operations have no effect in P3D5. I can test this by loading both panel.cfg into Notepad++, then do the changes, save them and then get a note from the editor, the file has changed and I´m asked to reload it. It is always just the file in P3D4.

I would like a statement, if MVAMS is altering files in P3D5 at all. Can you test on your side? Do you have v4 and v5 on your system?

Then if MVAMS works in v5, how we can fix my installation. If MVAMS does only work in v4 then we can close this thread.
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

See... for the PC6 my MVAMS is modifying my V5 panel, but not for the Twin Comanche. Thats why I was asking what plane. But the PC6 only modified the panel after doing a modification to none then to the MV GPS units.
I'll bring this over to the development team. I'll report back when I hear from them
-Sergio
Blaunarwal

Post by Blaunarwal »

Ok, then the situation is clear at least. I just mirror the files I change in v4 and get it this way in v5. Thanks.
endl3ss

Post by endl3ss »

Sorry for insane thread necro, but I'm wondering how my favorite ADVANCED aircraft is doing in P3Dv5.3 - The Phabulous Phantom...
Regarding the first post in this thread, it was stated that the advanced products was not working. Is this still the case with the Phantom models (E/J/S)?

Asking cause I'm desperately trying to reduce the number of P3D iterations I need to have installed on my, FINALLY, new pc. The simulators are one thing; having 3-4 different ORBX scenery installs eats a tad much storage space... :P