Prepar3D V5: compatibility with existing products

News - all the news for those who don't like social media!

Moderator: Slayer

ZacharyA
Re: Prepar3D V5: compatibility with existing products

Post by ZacharyA »

I will gladly pay 10-15 bucks just for news and ETAs on the product availability in V5! Mainly just the Porter, I love flying that plane and can't wait to "donate" the $ to MilViz for their hard work in bringing it to V5.
NeilG

Post by NeilG »

SnuffyTheMongoose wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 pm Guys. We are not PMDG... nor A2A... nor any of the others. We haven't been charging for updates for a long time. This is a big one for us because it does, for many of our products, require significant work.

We are also trying to add value to this by giving our products PBR as well as fixing (some) bugs.

We are looking at how we're going to implement this upgrade in terms of who, when, what and where... we will advise.

For now, feel free to give your point(s) of view but, the decision has been made. We are charging for the updates. If we lose you as a customer, that is sad. But, in order for this business to keep on going, we have to pay our people.
I suppose I have always said that I want there to be continual development of modules to keep up with current technologies and I really want developers to survive and carry on. If this is genuinely what you think needs to be done, and I've no reason to disbelieve it, then so be it. I will pay where I can. I am really missing my F1000, my Phantoms, my KA and my Talons, if you can get those done reasonably soon I will certainly try and pay for it. Thank you all for what you do. I am a habitual depressive and your work has given me many hours of distracted pleasure during difficult periods.
Thanks again
Neil.
Rainero

Post by Rainero »

I was seriously thinking about buying the KA a few weeks ago.
But unfortunately I now need to save my money to pay for the updates from P3Dv4 to v5 which will cost me up to 135€/$ + tax for my entire fleet of MilViz aircraft.
If I don't pay for the updates I may not be able to use it any longer in P3Dv5 sooner or later. The loss of my investment would be even more expensive.

In some way I feel like I'm blackmailed.

Very sad. Lesson learned.
ScruffyTheMongoose

Post by ScruffyTheMongoose »

we are looking at ways to alleviate the pain of that for customers who purchased multiple products directly from us.
doodlebug

Post by doodlebug »

We will try to structure this so that people who bought just before v5 was released won't be disadvantaged
Oisin Little a.k.a. Osh
QA/Product Manager

P3Dv4.5 P3Dv5.3 XP11 MSFS Z270X i7-7700 32GB DDR4 GTX1070 Ti Win10 OSX 12.6
ORBx scenery REX environment Chaseplane
Rainero

Post by Rainero »

SnuffyTheMongoose wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:20 pm we are looking at ways to alleviate the pain of that for customers who purchased multiple products directly from us.
That would be a nice move indeed. Should that be the case, I'm sure I will find a way to increase the number of aircraft in my MilViz fleet. ;)
Aussie157

Post by Aussie157 »

I am rather disgusted with the reaction of some people here regarding having to pay $10 - $15 for an upgrade. I live in Australia and on an aged pension so my finances are extremely limited. Not only that US$15 converts to AU$21.60 at the current rate. No I am not complaining just happy to be able to enjoy flying great aircraft.
jimcarrel

Post by jimcarrel »

Similar story, History repeats itself, same discussion for the last decade +. How many of us, at work, are asked to work a little late (or a lot late?) and the first thing you think - "I wonder if I get paid for this?" Why? bills to pay! We live in an economical atmosphere. Everyone has bills to pay, food to buy, employees to pay, family to support. Pick your poison. Life is full of gambles, chock full of decisions. Only a few rare things are free, very few.
Francisco-A

Post by Francisco-A »

Hello, now that P3Dv5 HF2 has been released I wonder if we can expect an update for the Beaver and Otter any time soon?
Thanks
Francisco Aguiar
ScruffyTheMongoose

We are working on this as and when we can.
deandejoseph

Post by deandejoseph »

Was seriously considering the KA but will wait to see how Milviz handles version 5.
michaelmcconn

Post by michaelmcconn »

Not opposed to paying for upgrades under the circumstances. Going to hold off purchasing a couple of aircraft until we see how it goes.....
Francisco-A

Post by Francisco-A »

michaelmcconn wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:29 am Not opposed to paying for upgrades under the circumstances. Going to hold off purchasing a couple of aircraft until we see how it goes.....
The same here, I don't mind paying for upgrades and am planning to purchase the Turbo Otter and the Porter but will wait
Francisco Aguiar
ScruffyTheMongoose

It is now our intention to release (what we can) our products free of charge for v5. However, this will only involve doing a new installer. No PBR, Trueglass or Reallight added... nothing but a new build.

We will, for those who wish it, have new installers (these will cost) that will include PBR, RL and TG...

For now, this is the plan. We will be releasing the KA first, then the 737 and then, with luck, the rest, in short order.

Thanks.
Francisco-A

Post by Francisco-A »

SnuffyTheMongoose wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:06 pm It is now our intention to release (what we can) our products free of charge for v5. However, this will only involve doing a new installer. No PBR, Trueglass or Reallight added... nothing but a new build.

We will, for those who wish it, have new installers (these will cost) that will include PBR, RL and TG...

For now, this is the plan. We will be releasing the KA first, then the 737 and then, with luck, the rest, in short order.

Thanks.
That sounds great for me, I think TG & RL aren't compatible to v5 anyway
Thanks
Francisco Aguiar