Prepar3D V5: compatibility with existing products

News - all the news for those who don't like social media!

Moderator: Slayer

vvince
Re: Prepar3D V5: compatibility with existing products

Post by vvince »

SnuffyTheMongoose wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:06 pm It is now our intention to release (what we can) our products free of charge for v5. However, this will only involve doing a new installer. No PBR, Trueglass or Reallight added... nothing but a new build.

We will, for those who wish it, have new installers (these will cost) that will include PBR, RL and TG...

For now, this is the plan. We will be releasing the KA first, then the 737 and then, with luck, the rest, in short order.

Thanks.
That sounds great!
Very happy with such an upgrade path : bare compatibility upgrade fro free with the choice to pay for extra features or not.
Thanks.

Cheers
Vvince
Chuck-D

Post by Chuck-D »

SnuffyTheMongoose wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:06 pm It is now our intention to release (what we can) our products free of charge for v5. However, this will only involve doing a new installer. No PBR, Trueglass or Reallight added... nothing but a new build.

We will, for those who wish it, have new installers (these will cost) that will include PBR, RL and TG...

For now, this is the plan. We will be releasing the KA first, then the 737 and then, with luck, the rest, in short order.

Thanks.
I'm simply curious where the T-38C might fit into that timeline. I noticed that it has already received an update for the latest version of P3D 4.5. It's pretty much the only sim aircraft I care to fly these days.
keith_moore100

Post by keith_moore100 »

Thanks.
That sounds like a great compromise. Now I've switched most of my P3D flying to V5, I'm really missing using the MD530 & B407. If you produce an upgraded PBR version of them later down the road. I'll certainly be interested.
kevin_firth

Post by kevin_firth »

Thanks.
Perfect, thanks!
i9 10850K @5.1Ghz, RTX3090, 32Gb 3200cas14
DAVID_wI

Post by DAVID_wI »

In my opinion the Weather Radar has to get the highest priority,due to the fact many planes from many developers use it.
Thanks, David
mdilosa

Post by mdilosa »

Rainero wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:22 pm
We are looking at between 10 and 15 bucks...
So, reading that I'm totally disappointed. That is not the way to bind customers. I have a fleet of 9 aircraft from MilViz, that is a total of90 to 135 bucks. I would perhaps accept 10...15 bucks for an update of all of them.
The more products I buy, the more I have to pay? So I get punished for being a loyal customer? Are you kidding?
You are free to buy or not to buy. It's your money.
This is a VERY cynical statement. If I don't want to trash my investment, I have NO choice, other than to pay and you know that.

My plan was to buy to buy two more planes from MilViz during the next few weeks.

I will cancel that plan for the following reasons:
* I need the money to buy updates for my MilViz fleet
* I am annoyed about the fact I have to pay for the P3dv5 updates
* I am annoyed about your cynical statement

Thank you.

Have a nice day.
Rob

Rainero, fortunately for me I've not invested as much of my hard earned as you in this company who "stand by their products". I've expunged anything to do with Milviz from my system. They are the most arrogant collection of people I've ever had to deal with in all my years of flight simming, and I certainly will not be waisting any more time or money on this mob, as I would suggest the same for you. Milviz "we stand by our products" I'd like to know what they actually mean by that statement, because they certainly don't stand by their customers, and in your case, faithful regular customers.
Curtis-P

Post by Curtis-P »

mdilosa wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:15 am
Rainero wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 5:22 pm
We are looking at between 10 and 15 bucks...
So, reading that I'm totally disappointed. That is not the way to bind customers. I have a fleet of 9 aircraft from MilViz, that is a total of90 to 135 bucks. I would perhaps accept 10...15 bucks for an update of all of them.
The more products I buy, the more I have to pay? So I get punished for being a loyal customer? Are you kidding?
You are free to buy or not to buy. It's your money.
This is a VERY cynical statement. If I don't want to trash my investment, I have NO choice, other than to pay and you know that.

My plan was to buy to buy two more planes from MilViz during the next few weeks.

I will cancel that plan for the following reasons:
* I need the money to buy updates for my MilViz fleet
* I am annoyed about the fact I have to pay for the P3dv5 updates
* I am annoyed about your cynical statement

Thank you.

Have a nice day.
Rob

Rainero, fortunately for me I've not invested as much of my hard earned as you in this company who "stand by their products". I've expunged anything to do with Milviz from my system. They are the most arrogant collection of people I've ever had to deal with in all my years of flight simming, and I certainly will not be waisting any more time or money on this mob, as I would suggest the same for you. Milviz "we stand by our products" I'd like to know what they actually mean by that statement, because they certainly don't stand by their customers, and in your case, faithful regular customers.
I'm looking at three myself. Just waiting to see what it will cost to update the five I have and which ones will be updated :o . Good news is I saw a couple of post where they are trying to make it where it's not so bad on the ones that have purchased aircraft :). What that means we will have to wait and see. ;)
kconlon

Post by kconlon »

These are fantastic! Would you be interested in attempting N435B from Key West Seaplan Adventures?

https://flightaware.com/photos/view/112 ... ate/page/1

Thanks
Kevin
Francisco-A

Post by Francisco-A »

It's seems, Milviz is focusing only in the new shiny toy and letting down their existing P3Dv5 clients
Francisco Aguiar
Raptor

Post by Raptor »

V5 is terribly broken. Light effects and material texturing does not look as nice as in V4.
-Sergio
Slayer

Post by Slayer »

Francisco-A wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:02 am It's seems, Milviz is focusing only in the new shiny toy and letting down their existing P3Dv5 clients
You do realize that we have more than 1 developer, right? Work on 1 platform does not mean that all work on everything else ceased. :roll:
Steve M.
Email: support@blackbirdsims.com
kevin_firth

Post by kevin_firth »

Any updates at all please?
I expect everyone's waiting on 5.1 to ensure there are no.problems for further releases?
i9 10850K @5.1Ghz, RTX3090, 32Gb 3200cas14
Francisco-A

Post by Francisco-A »

Couldn't you guys just update the installers to v5?
Francisco Aguiar
jspear3155

Post by jspear3155 »

Hi all...new to forums, so just getting my bearings. It isn't clear to me.. am I not going to be able to get T38C or T38N?? I have P3D v5 with the current T38 program. Thanks for any info !!
YoYo

Post by YoYo »

Btw. just for info

P3Dv5.1 out.

Here is changleog:
https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2020/10/117270/
Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, GTX 2080Ti 11Gb, RAM32Gb Corsair @3200, 3xSSD+2SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, SB Z + 5.1, MSFS, P3Dv5, VR HP Reverb G2